Digital Frontiers Newsletter #2 - Correction

Digital Frontiers Newsletter #2
-------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in Digital Frontiers web optimization
products. This email is to inform you of some recent changes to our
product lineup. If you don't want to receive future mailings, our
apologies -- please reply to [email protected].

We apologize if you have received more than one copy of this newsletter - we're trying to improve our list management software, but are still working out the kinks.

*** 10% Off on all HVS Products! ***
------------------------------------
In a blatant ploy to get you off the golf course/beach and back in front of your computer optimizing your web graphics (just kidding), we're offering a 10% discount across our entire product line until July 15. There's never been a better time to purchase the award-winning HVS series.

*** HVS Animator Version 1.03 ***
---------------------------------
Version 1.03 of HVS Animator has just been released for Macintosh. This new version includes the ability to set exact loop counts. We expect the Windows version to be available within a few days. For your free download please visit our website at http://www.digfrontiers.com.

*** NEW! HVS ColorGIF 2.0/HVS Animator Pro Bundle ***
HVS Animator Pro, the GIF animation editor/optimizer that contains the same size-squeezing technology as HVS GIFCruncher, can now be purchased with HVS ColorGIF 2.0 for only $145. Also, The HVS Toolkit Pro, which includes HVS ColorGIF 2.0, HVS JPEG, and HVS Animator Pro, is available for only $208.

If you already own HVS ColorGIF 2.0, if you register you can upgrade to HVS Animator Pro for $49. Both can be purchased via our secure commerce server at:

 http://www.digfrontiers.com/purchase.html

*** Reviews ***
---------------
In the June issue of PC Graphics & Video, HVS optimization stacks up quite favorably against higher-profile (and more expensive) offerings from Adobe, Macromedia, and others. Take a look. By the way - they misprinted the price at $599 for our Toolkit Pro - its actually $208!

Andy King, a leading industry analyst and Managing Editor of Mecklermedia's webreference.com, looks at HVS ColorGIF 2.0 in a detailed article on color reduction. Go to http://www.webreference.com/dev/graphics/reduce.html.

*** HVS GIFCruncher Update ***
------------------------------
The response to HVS GIFCruncher, our free GIF optimization service, has been overwhelming. The reports we're getting indicate that GIFCruncher users are thrilled with the results. We have had enough load that the current server is getting bogged down at times. So we're moving HVS GIFCruncher to a fast new server - we expect to be online by late June. If you haven't tried GIFCruncher yet, give it a spin - it can reduce the size of your GIFs by 50% or more - http://www.digfrontiers.com/gcrunch.html. Currently, all enabled HVS GIFCruncher features are free so everyone can get acquainted with the service and the excellent results it can produce. We will be transitioning to a fee basis for Custom and Batch operations in a few weeks, but basic operations will remain free.

On a related note, we've had many requests for a desktop version of HVS GIFCruncher. We're working on it now, and expect it to be ready in a few weeks - if you would like to be included on an early release list, please let us know at [email protected].

The HVS GIFCruncher Webmaster Version is available now, and can automatically process an entire local, FTP or HTTP directory -- or an entire site -- and optimize all the GIFs that it finds using award-winning HVS optimization algorithms. Details are at http://www.digfrontiers.com/gc_wv_faq.html.

Thanks for your time and keep conserving bandwidth with HVS products!

Digital Frontiers
1019 Asbury Ave.
Evanston, IL 60202
847-328-0880 voice