Linda Reed--PCC West Campus CSC <[email protected]>: Re: Army of Dog - SPACE ALIENS HIDE MY DRUGS!!!

I was asked to forward this message to the Cypherpunks list by Linda
Reed...Who sent it to me as a responce to one of my e-mails...I know that
by doing so, I risk being kicked, stomped, beated siverly amongst the
neck and shoulders, and even flamed...But I think so many of us are not
looking at the true messages involved in these 'spams'.  Reed is makeing
several REALLY good points...Given, Reed does rant a bit...And some of
what is writen is just so much bullshit...But all of it, taken in
context, is Truth (TM)...
Let me make a suggestion to Reed and all others involved...There is a
time and place for everything...The time for rEvolution, as Reed puts it,
is _NOW!_ However, Cypherpunks is not the place...So does anyone know of
any good e-lists that would love to get the ALIANS posts?  Maybe your
five minute's of thought on a way to help Reed will make everyone happy,
Vs the hours some of us are spending complaining about the damn thing.

---Begin Forward Message---

The Geezinslaw Brothers, from Austin, TX, had a song called,
"If You Think I'm Crazy Now, You Should Have Seen Me When
 I Was A Kid."

I envy today's youngsters, who have the opportunity to
participate in a Virtual Revolution that is every bit
as serious, and will have consequences just as great as,
any so-called World War that has ever been fought in
the history of human evolutionary development.
I envy them because they have, if they seize the
opportunity, a chance to engage in rEvolutionary acts
of Virtual anarchy, derring-do, war & violence which will
not threaten the lives of those whose only crime is to
be in the wrong place at the wrong time, physically,
but will threaten only those whose crime is to be in
their own mindspace, at the right time for them to
be there, but refusing to allow others the same right.

I do not pass judgement on Timothy McVeigh, any more
than I pass judgement on Che Guerva, Louis Riel,
Leonard Pelltier, or Ho Chi Min.
They did what they had to do, and they used what they
thought was the best judgment and tools of their day.
Anyone who claims to judge a moral differnce between
them and those they opposed is a fucking BeanCounter,
and should be in line behind the lawyers when the
firing squads line up.
I wish that Timothy McVeigh could have done what he did
within the confines of Digital Reality, on the InterNet,
perhaps blowing a hole in the ElectroMagnetic Curtain
that would allow the children to survive, but also allow
them to glimpse what was on the other side of the wall,
so that it could not be denied once the hole was closed.
That was not to be...

[KFor all of the sincere intent underlying my TruthSPAMing
and RealityBlathering, I find myself at a loss to truly
describe what I see as the importance of those entering
the Digital/Global/Interactive Age that is being born to
realize that *they* will be the ones who either allow the
dinosaurs of the past to usurp the current rEvolution of
human development, or to act as the Founding Fathers ojf
a Global/Digital Democracy, recognizing that the dinosaurs
are wearing red, marching in straight lines, and cussing
out the shit-disturbers as cowards for hiding behind
Digital Trees known as Remailers.

The Great Myth is that there isn't enough to go around.
Enough *what*?
Money? - There's as much as we agree there is...
Time? - I spent a good part of the day sitting on my ass...
Love? - I love Janet Reno and Louis Free. They're great targets...
Cadillacs? - Any President who proposed to block communism in
  southeast Asia would have been laughed out of office. It turns
  out that it would have saved us money and invigorated the
  auto industry.

Cadillacs? - Any President who proposed to block communism in
  southeast Asia by buying everyone a Cadillac would have been
  laughed out of office. It turns out that it would have saved
  the US money and invigorated the auto industry.
Freedom & Privacy? - Like Cadillacs, there is as much as we
  are willing to pay for. We are not going to be able to have
  it, however, until we are ready to make the giant leap of
  faith it takes to trust that $30,000 is better spent in
  promoting Freedom & Privacy, than buying another toilet
  seat for the Censorship CCoommiittee executive restroom.

If there is enough BullShit to go around, then, according to
the Eternal Laws of the Tao, there is enough Reality to go
around, as well.
Those who recognize the Reality that I profess as the
TruthMonger might get the impression that I am attempting
to hoard the Truth, because their isn't enough to go around.
Nothing could be further from the Truth (TM)...

I'm willing to share... As a matter of fact, I could use
some of yours, since I'm starting to run a bit low, as a
result of begining to believe my own press when others
indicate that I am something special, because they agree
with me, and thus I run the risk of becoming a Spokesperson
For Consensus, franchising the TruthMonger persona, and
speaking the EasyTruths in order to capture the mass-market
when, in reality, I could retire quite comfortably from
the income I receive from having Truth (TM) trademarked,
since everyone who speaks the Truth (TM) currently has
to send me a nickle, or I'll sue their sorry ass...

One more beer, and I'll be losing it...so NoMoreMrNiceGuy...

The Cold Hard Truth:
Truth, Freedom, Privacy, Love, ad infinitum...all have a Cost!

The LIE:
That which we have an inherent Right to, should be Free!

The Reality:
Virtual/Conceptual/Idealistic Reality have a physical cost,
but they also have spiritual earning power.
Humans are both physical and spiritual beings...

It 'costs' you $1.00 not to knock someone over the head with
a rock when they are standing beside you at a bus stop with
a dollar in your hand.
Your soul appreciates $1.00 if you refrain from doing so...
The choice is yours, and yours, alone.
(Although my personal *opinion* as to the ethics/morality of
 your decision might vary depending on whether or not *I* am
 the person standing next to you at the bus stop.)

I don't know how many soul-credits it cost Tim McVeigh to
bomb the Murrah Federal Building, and I don't know how
many soul-credits he earned for waking up government
employees to the fact that their actions have consequences,
as well.
That is between Tim McVeigh and his Accountant.

There is a Cost to telling the truth, to taking a stand, to
refusing to be be oppressed/repressed in Virtual Reality.
I have had my possessions confiscated and criminal charges
filed against me as a result of speaking what I consider to
be the truth, within the confines of CyberSpace.
Freely speaking my mind has led to physical retribution against
me. I can vouch for the fact that Freedom of Speech has a Cost.
I am willing to pay that Cost...

I am more than happy to pay whatever price it requires to
be the TruthMonger, because that what is important to me.
I'm not doing anyone any favors...I am doing what I feel it
is my role to do.
My definition of a Hero, is a person who does what they can,
who fulfills the role that they have the capacity to fulfill.

A man who charges a hill, and dies in the process, is a Hero
if he does it because he looks around him and sees that it is
his role, his time, his destiny.
A man who charges a hill, and lives in the process, because
of the expectations of others, is a fool.
I have seen Heroes who charged the hill because they looked
around them and saw Warriors who had families waiting for
them, while they had none. I have seen Heroes who charged
the hill when they knew it would likely result in their
families waiting in vain for their return, because they
knew that their actions would result in a dozen families
not having to grieve the loss of a loved one.

I don't expect todays CyberWarriors to get their asses shot
off for thumbing their noses at authority--that is foolish.
However, if you're sitting at your desk at the HeadQuarters
of the Great Oppressor, and HeOrShe walks in, hands you the
latest model of DeathRay, asking your opinio, and you decide
to do something very, very foolish...I'll understand.

All I'm saying is that Values, Concepts, Ideals, Ethics, all
have a cost. Whatever you can contribute in the physical realm
to help cover that cost is 100% deductible in the esoteric
realm.
Andy Warhol prophecied that everyone would receive their
fifteen-minutes of Fame, in *his* future.
TruthMonger's Prophecy is that, in HisOrHer future, everyone
will get a shot at the Great Oppressor.

Use it, or lose it...

Love,
Toto

***********************
p.s. - I am currently writing on an early Sperry computer which
has 128K of RAM, and can barely run WordPerfect 4.1, and then
having to transfer it to Windows 3.0, to clean it up, before
sending it to a hacked Unix account and transferring it via
a VAX system to its destination.
Thus I cannot cc: this without fucking it up, and I would
appreciate it if you could send it to [email protected]
so that I could download it tomorrow.

p.p.s. - I have had a long, hard life, in which I have done
some stupid things, some evil things, and some mindless things,
but I've also done some things that are beyond fucking belief.
Overall, life has been incredible, but I look upon the coming
generation with envy, because there is a transition coming
that--LOVEorHate/WARorPEACE/WINorLOSE--will give each and
every particpant in the experience a chance to exit this
mortal plane with a smile, and the words,
"It's been Real (TM)."

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]