RSA in perl illegal to export (Re: Junger et al.)

Jim Burnes writes:
> Obviously there is no difference between 10 lines of PERL and
> 1500 lines of assembler (or machine code).

One of Peter Junger's examples (I think used in the case) is the RSA
in 2/3 lines.  He actually obtained the US export administrations
written decisions on which of a small collection of titchy programs
was exportable.  RSA in 3 lines of perl they stated was illegal to
export.

So fun things with RSA are possible because they have decided that it
is not exportable, so perhaps you could export it on a floppy, or as
your .signature, with media cameras rolling, and try to get yourself
arrested for willful violation of dumb export laws.

Adam
--
Have you exported RSA today? --> http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/