Crescendo News - July 1998

CRESCENDO NEWS - July 1998

Hello from the editors of the July 1998 edition of the LiveUpdate
Crescendo Newsletter.  You're receiving this email because you
downloaded Crescendo in the past, and we want to keep you up to date with
some of the exciting things that are happening at LiveUpdate.
We hope you are enjoying Crescendo!

These are some of the items included in this newsletter:

* LiveUpdate launches real-time "SoundChat" chat service
* Crescendo version 3.0 appears on Netscape's SmartUpdate site
* Using Crescendo and Crescendo PLUS version 3.0 with Windows 98
* What is streaming MIDI, and why would I want it?
* What would you like to see in future versions of Crescendo?
* Subscribing / Unsubscribing

----------------------------------

LIVEUPDATE LAUNCHES REAL-TIME "SOUNDCHAT" SERVICE

On July 21st, LiveUpdate opened the "SoundChat" General Discussion
real-time chat Forum.  This is the first of many free chat areas which
LiveUpdate is providing to allow you to chat in real time with fellow
Crescendo users around the world.  Over time, we will be opening new
rooms for surfers, webmasters, and musicians to congregate and discuss
specific issues relating to player installation, adding music to your
web site, MIDI file creation, and much more.  We will also be hosting
live events where you will be able to chat with world-class experts
on these various topics.

As an added bonus, chatters are now being given early access to our
newest technology, Crescendo Forte.  To sign up and start chatting,
point your web browser to http://soundchat.com/chat.

----------------------------------

CRESCENDO VERSION 3.0 APPEARS ON NETSCAPE'S SMARTUPDATE SITE

We are proud to announce that Netscape has chosen Crescendo as one
of the few elite add-on components for inclusion in the new SmartUpdate
area of the Netscape site.  SmartUpdate is a free service that allows
you to automatically download and install the latest versions of
Navigator add-on components, now including Crescendo.  The latest full
versions of Crescendo and Crescendo PLUS will continue to be available
from the LiveUpdate site at http://www.liveupdate.com/dl.html.

----------------------------------

WHAT IS STREAMING MIDI, AND WHY WOULD I WANT IT?

"Streaming" is the ability to listen to music while it is being sent to
you over the Internet.  In much the same way that web images fill in as
they are downloading, our patent-pending streaming MIDI technology
starts playing and "fills in" the music as it downloads, allowing you to
hear the music long before the entire MIDI file has finished downloading.
In most cases, streaming MIDI music will start to play almost immediately.

Crescendo PLUS is the only MIDI player available in the world that will
stream all types of MIDI files from any Internet source.  Crescendo PLUS
is available for immediate purchase ($19.95) and download at the LiveUpdate
on-line store (https://secure.liveupdate.com).

If you are a web site author, and you would like to add streaming MIDI
to your web site, we offer a product called "Crescendo StreamSite" which
consists of a key for your web server that unlocks the streaming
feature which is included in the free versions of Crescendo.  The StreamSite
key is completely compatible with all web servers, and doesn't require
any intervention from your service provider.  Installation of the StreamSite
key involves uploading a single binary file to your web site, and can
be easily completed in less than 5 minutes.  Personal StreamSite keys
are available for immediate purchase ($49.95) and download at the LiveUpdate
on-line store.

You can experience streaming MIDI without purchasing anything at all.
Just download the latest version of the free Crescendo player and
visit the Crescendo StreamSites listed at
http://www.liveupdate.com/streamsites.html.  These sites have all purchased
StreamSite keys so that you can enjoy streaming MIDI as you visit their
sites.

----------------------------------

USING CRESCENDO AND CRESCENDO PLUS VERSION 3.0 WITH WINDOWS 98

To the best of our knowledge, Crescendo and Crescendo PLUS are completely
compatible with Windows 98.  If Crescendo has worked for you in the but
you are having trouble after installing Windows 98, we have found that
re-installing Crescendo will most likely solve any problems you may be
experiencing.  If you still see problems after re-installing, send a
message to [email protected] and we will try to help.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF CRESCENDO?

We are constantly looking for new ideas to be included in future
versions of the Crescendo player.  If you have any cool ideas of
things you would like to see added to Crescendo, send them to
[email protected].  Who knows - maybe your suggestion will
makes its way into the next version of Crescendo!