Re: FDR

Someone assuming the personality of attila about yesterday (who is he
today? ask him--you might like the answer) wrote while in a mental state
that could be characterized as perceiving reality for only the very
briefest of moments:

[humongous snip of recycled rumors, shameless fabrications, hypocritical
innuendo, outright slander, and maybe a paucity of conceded-by-all-
including-the-man-himself historical fact]

>     there is no left and right; there is no moral government; it's all
>     about power and staying in power.  ever notice how reformers only
>     stay reformers until they need to run for reelection and the money
>     goes to those who play ball?

So learn to play the game.  Yeah, no one, even the icons we build, is a
born angel.  There are relative levels of the good and bad in our society.
Do you see the word "relative"?  It means no absolutes.  If you want
absolutes, check out the Bible readers for whom every word is sacred.  One
of my rotating tag lines talks (another Turkish proverb) addresses the
very issue you bring up:  power.  I hope it shows up at the end of this
message.

>     the U.S. is already an oligarchy, next comes the plutocracy, followed
>     by the triumvirate, and then the emporer (maybe with clothes) -then
>     there will be a winnowing and anarchy followed by tribal states. welcome
>     to history, but few will live to see it run its course --America, the
>     universally hated, will be the first to be plowed under when she can
>     no longer bully or buy the -pax americanus-. and the men in power know
>     that a hungry disorganized populace can be subjugated by a well fed
>     army.

Well, that's what we call human history.  Nations and empires rise and
fall, birth and death, a natural progression.  The only thing you need
worry about while living in this kennel called the planet Earth is to be
top dog.

>     sorry, I really am crazy, but it's better to be crazy than insane.

You're sure about that, are you?

Mitch Halloran
Research (Bio)chemist
Duzen Laboratories Group
Ankara   TURKEY
[email protected]

A woman without a husband is like a horse without reins.   --Turkish proverb