Re: Comments on this Pentagon opinion...not a new debate

Tim May wrote:

> At 10:01 AM -0700 7/31/98, Harvey Rook (Exchange) wrote:

[...body of text snipped...]

> The latest crypto proposals have brought nothing new to the debate.

Indeed.

It strikes me as alarming at times, when considering the condition of
civil liberties in this country and just how close government tries to
shave off freedoms that are not *explicit* in the bill of rights, how
poorer our liberties would be defended without those ten, basic
amendments; and further, that they were added as an after thought,
ridiculed by many, demanded by some, but they have proven to be one of
the last lines of defence between our liberties and this centralised,
law making den in Washington.  These ten are not nearly enough.

Richard Storey