(fwd) IBM's committment to UNIXIBM's committment to UNIX

I have witnesses that this actually happened a few years ago:

My client was trying to pick a server platform and was torn between Sun
and IBM for the UNIX server.  Finally, after receiving a generous
discount from IBM, they chose IBM's AIX.  Unfortunately, I had no AIX
experience, so I was overheard saying, "...but I know how to do this on
Sun..."  Another consultant was brought in who claimed that he had some
AIX experience and he was also overheard by the director saying, "...but
I know how to do this on Sun."

So the director was so frustrated, he called IBM and asked to have their
best AIX professional sent over to straighten us out.  In the director's
office, he was told the problem and his first words were, "Gee, that's
tough.  I'm not sure, but I do know how to do that on Sun."

The Sun servers arrived without comment from the director.

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to [email protected].

If you mail to [email protected], it makes sure that your joke is tagged
as your original work, Always attribute the source of a joke, whether it's
you, or somebody else.  For the full submission guidelines,
see http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/

This joke's link: http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/Aug/sunserv.html