Re: Question....

---"Bernardo B. Terrado" <[email protected]> wrote:

> How does a hardware encryption device work?

If the Encryption is done on a device attached to your computer
instead of in software on your computer.

> Does it need human intervention to convert a plaintext to ciphertext
> or do we still give the instructions?

Depends on the device.  But most require some effort.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, the key escrow is a hardware encryption
device.

Key Escrow is an action taken by the government to collect or gain
access to private keys.  There was some controversy as to the clipper
chip which is hardware falling prey to key escrow however.