Re: Mysterious taglines

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Maurice Valmont wrote:

> At 04:55 PM 8/5/98 -0700, Tim May <[email protected]> wrote in his .sig:
>

> >Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> >anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> >knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> >black markets, collapse of governments.
>
> I'm curious: What exactly is "zero knowledge"?

I cannot discuss that here, as Tim May will likely enter the discussion
to enforce his intellectual property rights and remind us that he
discussed this before the rest of us were born. All worthwhile
discussions of cryptography were held prior to 1994. This list is to be
henceforth used for the posting of long rambling prose induced by the
inhaling of household chemicals. Contact sniffmonger toto, check the
archives, and bring me another scotch.

"I know nutzhing! NUTZHING!"
SGT Schultz
Stalag 13

I'd like to tell you, but I cannot tell you that which you do not already
know.

Where on the 'net are Tartaglia and Cardano? How about Hakken and
Appel? How many colors do you need to color a map, such that no two
regions that share a boundary also share a color? Have I screwed up, and
in my effort to prove to you that I know the secret, perhaps revealed it
to you after all?