Re: I'm from the government, and I'm here to control your email....

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Trei, Peter wrote:

> operations. There is no longer a critical need for a protected
> monopoly in postal delivery.

If there ever was.

Someone once wrote that the difference between a good government
and a bad government is that the former simply builds the roads, the
latter tells you where to go.

In my opinion this could be extended to "the latter tells you how
to get it there".  Almost as if the government was delegated the
power to tell you what kind of car you could drive to work.  If
it doesn't have that power, how can it have the power to tell
you what conveyance to use for your letters?

Please refer to Lysander Spooner for an extended and depressing
treatment of this subject.

Jim