Appeal coming in mail

Tuesday 8/11/98 8:14 AM

George B. Breznay, Director
Office of Hearings and Appeals
Department of Energy
Washington, DC 20585

Dear Director Breznay:

Purpose of this letter is appeal a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
denial.

Attached is Herbert Richardson�s July 6, 1996 denial letter of request
95112002..

Richardson writes

  Under Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R), subsection
1004.1, the Department of    Energy will make available records which it
is authorized to withhold under the Act         whenever it determines
that disclosure is in the public interest.  In invoking exemptions 6
and 7(c), we have determined that it is not in the public interest to
release the withheld   material.  In this request, we have determined
that the public interest in the identity of   individuals whose names
appear in investigative files does not outweigh these individuals�
privacy interest.  Those interest include being free from intrusion into
the professional    and private lives.

Director Breznay, my FOIA was for �all investigative reports authored by
DOE into my allegations that NSA willfully and knowingly attempted to
sabotage DOE/Sandia cryptographic projects.�
http://jya.com/da/whpda.htm

THIS IS IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

I appeal.

The public has a right to know about fights for control of power between
US government agencies which endanger national security.
http://www.aci.net/kalliste/nukearse.htm  And attempts to cover-up.
these fights.

I ask that you compile a Vaughn Index of the 215 items listed by
Ricardson.

  An agency is required to make a decision on an appeal
  within 20 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal
  holidays). It is possible for an agency to extend the time
  limits by an additional 10 days.

I ask that you respond in the time allotted to you by law.

Sincerely,

William H. Payne
13015 Calle de Sandias NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111