Re: LACC: Re: Is hate code speech?

William H. Geiger III wrote:

> In <[email protected]>, on 08/26/98
>    at 12:50 PM, Dan Stromberg <[email protected]> said:
>
> >William H. Geiger III wrote:

> >> Yes and if I want to name my variables getwatermelons and somefiredchicken
> >> who are you to tell me I can't?
>
> >A company worth working for will have a policy that tells you you cannot.
> >(Ok, those variables are a fuzzy issue - Very bad taste. The violent
> >stuff mentioned in the original article is clear cut, however)
>
> Company policy and federal law are two different things. A company should
> be able to set their policy to whatever they want, don't like it don't
> work there.

Gosh, no kidding?  Company policy isn't the same as fed law?

As I said, a company worth working for, will have a policy that
creates/preserves a decent working environment.

> Also please explain exactly what "violent stuff" you are in reference to
> and how it is "clear cut".

Violence is obviously out of line.  Or do you like being threatened?

> >Creating a hostile environment with the expectation that you'll never
> >hire someone who's black is "ok"?
>
> 1st off the whole notion of "hostile environment" is bunk. It is a loosely
> undefined term to mean anything the PC crowd wants it to. If you do or say

I can see you're not worth bothering with.

Sad that I wasted this much time responding.