Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:30:34 -0600
From: Lee Scroggins <[email protected]>
Subject: New/easy to use strong file encryption fyi

For anyone interested in easy to use strong file encryption, or just
afraid that your gun related data/Emails may be too tempting for the
officials, the following article points to an interesting site
(http://www.filesafety.com).

Please note that the US govt seems to be having a hissy fit about it
(you might want to look while it still exists).

> - - The Strange Case of Charles Booher - -
>
> The California man whose software drew the interest of the Commerce
Department
> now has been hit with a subpoena. Charles Booher must appear before a U.S.
> District Court grand jury in San Jose to explain what he is doing with his
> encryption software, SecureOffice.
>
> Individuals can be charged with violating federal restrictions on the
export
> of encryption software, but the government also appears to be worried that
> Booher has simply made it to easy to use extremely secure
encryption--with or

http://foxnews.com/js_index.sml?content=/scitech/wires2/0827/t_rt_0827_27.sm
> View the Commerce Dept.'s subpoena at http://www.filesafety.com

========= end of forwarded text==========

Jean-Francois Avon, B.Sc. Physics, Montreal, Canada
  DePompadour, Soci�t� d'Importation Lt�e
     Limoges fine porcelain and french crystal
  JFA Technologies, R&D physicists & engineers
     Instrumentation & control, LabView programming
PGP keys: http://bs.mit.edu:8001/pks-toplev.html
PGP ID:C58ADD0D:529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891
PGP ID:5B51964D:152ACCBCD4A481B0 254011193237822C