Re: A question about gas warfare in San Fran in '66...

At 08:09 PM 9/7/98 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> Here in Austin we have a local radio dj who does a public
> access show on various issue localy and nationaly, Alex
> Jones, who has put a piece on some sort of bio-weapon test
> that occurred in '66 in San Francisco. He is claiming that
> deaths resulted.
>
> Anyone have a clue what he's talking about?

Had a bioweapons test occurred in the people's republic of
San Francisco, it seems likely they would have erected
billboards spelling out the details in letters visible from
the moon.

I assume that this is one of these anonymous source things.
According to official, yet anonymous sources the US/CIA
forces committed every crime of every regime around the
world, including the purported crimes of Pol Pot in Cambodia,
(I kid you not) and they are actually running a totalitarian
state in the USA but the people are too brainwashed to
notice.  They also sell cocaine.

Similarly, according to sources that are not anonymous, but
which (strange to report) no one else can find, Nike is
actually producing its shoes in something very like slave
labor camps.

The reason the refutation of the CNN story (US uses nerve gas
to kill defectors and exterminate villagers) made such news
is that CNN was so careless as to actually name identifiable
real people as the source of this story. (They needed faces
and it is hard to put the faces of anonymous sources on TV.)
Naturally those real people were mighty pissed and denied the
story attributed to them.

There is a wagon load of similar stories using supposedly
official, but anonymous sources, or sources that do not
appear to be real people.  The print media works much better
for such sources than TV.

In short, do you think the internet is the net of a million
lies?  Not so.  It is the place where lies get exposed. It is
far easier to get away with lying in the old media, because
nobody answers you back.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     q3LBLR6odNzwIKI1p2zeYnP4Kzv2MSbsmKm0u2M5
     4W6++mmQ2e3TnYU5J3oM1+BvPivukgtAcxEWE47MN
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/����� James A. Donald