PGP5.5.5 Problem

I am seeking assistance with a PGP 5.5.5 system and noting your comments
on the net I thought it might be possible for you to help me with a
solution.

I have been using PGP5.5.5, successfully, for the past four months.
However, beginning three days ago I began experiencing a problem.  I am
using Netscape Navigator and the Netscape Message Center.  The problem:
When I receive a PGP message I copy it to the clipboard, but, when I
depress the "decrypt and verify" line on the PGP tool bar the screen for
the "pass phrase" flashes briefly on the screen and disappears.  The
same thing happens when I use the PGP tools.  The PGP tool bar first
referred to is the lock icon at the bottom of the screen.  I have
compared my public key with the key from which I receive messages and
they are identical.  I am able to encrypt a message to myself and then
decrypt it without any problem.  It is only when I receive a message
from my other computer does the problem exist.

I would very much appreciate any ideas you may have as how to correct
this problem.  Please make your solution as basic as possible as I am
not as "computer literate" as I need to be in order to understand most
explanations.

Thank You

Jim Van Over