No Subject

  > I'd love to see them try to enforce that... Anyone have
  > the text of the actual rules concerning this?

This is enforced very strictly, with the diligent help of the amateur
radio community itself.

CFR47 says:

97.113 Prohibited transmissions.

(a) No amateur station shall transmit:

  (1) Communications specifically prohibited elsewhere in this part;

  (2) Communications for hire or for material compensation, direct or
  indirect, paid or promised, except as otherwise provided in these
  rules;

  (3) Communications in which the station licensee or control operator
  has a pecuniary interest...

  (4) Music using a phone emission except as specifically provided
  elsewhere in this section; communications intended to facilitate a
  criminal act; messages in codes or ciphers intended to obscure the
  meaning thereof, except as otherwise provided herein; obscene or
  indecent words or language; or false or deceptive messages, signals
  or identification;

  (5) Communications, on a regular basis, which could reasonably be
  furnished alternatively through other radio services.

(b) An amateur station shall not engage in any form of broadcasting...

[...]

97.117 International communications. Transmissions to a different
country, where permitted, shall be made in plain language and shall be
limited to messages of a technical nature relating to tests, and, to
remarks of a personal character for which, by reason of their
unimportance, recourse to the public telecommunications service is not
justified.