[Fwd: Citizenship silliness. Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism (fwd)]

Sorry Jim,  slip of the wrist.

Hydroelectric turbines generate electric power. Feed this into the power
grid; well, maybe until the end of next year.  Maybe after 2000 we'll
see the un-nationalization of the national power grid.  Bay of Fundy is
>50 (?) square miles and tidal range is 25feet, one of the largest in
the world.

There have been discussions in the past to do likewise to the Bering
strait also.  Sorry about that whales.

Hi Soren,

Let's keep it on the list please...

> What about tidal hydro?  Bay of Fundy would be appropriate.

Figure the volume of the Bay from low tide and the highest tide. Then figure
the time needed to fill. From this you can calculate the maximum amount of
energy available.

If you live near the Bay I suppose it would work, won't help the folks 50
miles away though...

The goal is to find a renewable, generaly available source of energy so that
geographic proximity is irrelevant.

                            The seeker is a finder.

                                     Ancient Persian Proverb

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]