Re: Clinton--Why I am Chortling

At 8:11 PM -0700 9/12/98, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>At 07:18 PM 9/12/98 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>>
>>I've seen several Cypherpunks express the opinion that can be summarized as
>>"We paid $40 million for _this_?" And "Ken Starr is on a witch hunt."
>
>Ken Starr is investigating 5 separate Clinton criminal conspiracies.  Walsh
>took 7 years and $60megs to investigate Iran/Contra (two criminal
>conspiracies).
>
>I like it when the rulers are consumed by their own creations.
>
>DCF
>
>Extra credit awarded for naming Starr's 5 investigations.

Let's see:

-- Whitewater and Madison Guarantee (may be 2 separate investigations)

-- Filegate (White House had 1100 FBI files, overseen by Craig the Bar Bouncer)

-- Travelgate (replacing the old staff is kosher, but accusing them of
crimes is not)

-- Cigargate

And of course there were and are investigations of Ron Brown, Hazel
O'Leary, Ron Espe, Henry Cisneros, and nearly every one of the "rainbow
coalition" he installed...seems only the honkies are not being
investigated, which says either there's a coincidence, or the honkies are
getting a pass, or the minorities he put in were your basic political graft
appointees.

I'd say that a President who lives by the sword will die by the sword, but
this might get me a visit by one of his pimps, er, Secret Service stooges.
They grep for "President" and "die" in the same paragraph and have no
understanding of allusions.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)