Re: U.S. House only has a T-1

At 11:55 AM 9/11/98 -0700, Martin Minow wrote:
>>From Jim Burns:
>>Is there any effort underway to mirror the report to various
>>archives?  This is going to kill the DC internet corridor
>>otherwise.
>>
>What I heard on the radio this morning was that the house
>will press CD's that will be distributed to mirror servers
>(presumably the major Internet news providers.)

Sigh.  These folks don't understand the web technology
(though I suppose sneakernetting CDs to Washington press corps
may actually be the fastest way for some things,
but the press corps and the press companies' webmasters
aren't the same folks.)
It'd be simpler for them to distribute the report,
and similar high-popularity information in the future,
using electronic distribution to the various press agencies
and other high-volume web sites, as long as they
coordinate it well.  It might also make sense for them to have a
"press-only" subnet for insiders and major caching proxy servers to get
distributions from.

>Now, the real interesting question: will the files be
>PGP-signed?

What?  And make it hard to change them later?  :-)

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]