Re: Clinton--Why I am Chortling

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Tim May wrote:
>
> > * What goes around, comes around. The Liberal puke Democrats who crucified
> > Bob Packwood, Clarence Thomas, and any number of corporate people charged
> > with "sexual harassment," are now reaping what they sowed. "If she says it
> > happened, it happened," the mantra of the feminazi left, is now apparently
> > forgotten by Patricia It's not our business" Ireland.
>
> There's also the idea popular in some gender feminist circles that the
> imbalance of power in manager-employee relationships makes it impossible
> for genuine consent to be given. Can there be any greater power imbalance
> than the president of the United States and an intern? Where are the
> feminist cries of outrage?

I think they have abandon Aristotelian (or any other phylum of) Logic,
replacing it with something called post structuralist thinking.  Since it
lacks a structure, it is hard to figure out how to explain it.  Apparently
it is a system where "Male Lesbians" exist.  So because Clinton does what
the GFs want, maybe he isn't really powerful at all (name anyone who is
both powerful and submits to GFs, at least in contexts not included in the
Starr report).  No, it doesn't really make sense, but I don't think it is
supposed to.

> > * Lawmaking is paralzyed, frozen, stillborne. This I count as a Good Thing.
> > Even better will be another 8-10 months of this nightly spectacle. No
> > Health Care Reform, no Communications Decency Act II, no Tobacco Act,
> > nothing.
>
> In general you might be right. But for "noncontroversial" measures like
> CDA II, well, it'll be in one of the appropriations bills that will be
> approved in the next three weeks.

Do libraries now ban minors' access to MSNBC, CNN, ... The House of
Representatives, and the Library of Congress?  And things like NetNanny
and SurfWatch?

Clinton can still veto the omnibus appropriations bill or threaten to
"shut down the government" (= shut down government spending instead of
leaving it running while nothing else gets done).