Re: Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

Actually.. I am getting a SunOS Shell account this weekend.  AOL has improved
service somewhat, and it is now possible to use Netscape (or any other
browser) along with it.

I also have over 100 accounts on a local ISP - so trust me... it's not that
big of a deal for me to get another ISP, I just like some of the keywords and
a few other areas.

As for your thought that it is a CHOICE for everyone... well, I am sorry to
say it is not.  My parent would rather use the [semi]- user-friendly software
of AOL, which she is familiar with, than have a dialup access with browsers
and other utilities in different areas she can't find as easily.  (I know, it
sounds stupid.)

I was finally able to convince her to pay for a shell account, promising her I
would teach her how to use it.

As for me paying it... I just became old enough to work (finally) about a
month ago, and I am only making minimum wage, and the hours are not good
enough for me to be able to keep up my hobbies of paintball, computer
upgrades, and Internet alone.

Therefore... she pays for it, I wash dishes...
So anyway... before I get too sidetracked, I am just saying... I am finally
getting a shell account, and not all AOLers are stupid warez lovers that don't
know cu from cd.

I would also like to add - I wasn't even talking about AOL service (although I
agree it is really crappy - but a tad better than it used to be) I was just
talking about the insults to all AOL user's Intelligence.

I am sure there are morons on other ISP's, they are just more visible on AOL.