Re: Clinton still doesnt get it

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, attila wrote:

Well, I've been working for a couple of days and spent the weekend before
that with The Report. I read all of it, including the footnotes, every
damn one of them, and they're where all the good stuff is, btw.  Given
that weekend study, it's apparent to me, after reviewing several days
of posts on this topic on this list, that most of you people can't
or don't read or have the attention spans of gnats.

The perjury case has some serious reasonable doubt problems, the
abuse of power case is thin, thin, and the executive privilege
stuff is there as sheer trade goods to give Congress something
to throw out.  In legal parlance, it wouldn't pass Rule 11.
And I don't know who is giving you legal advice, but there's
no sexual harrassment count in the thing.  Read it, if you can.
Peferably after your medication.

Much of what you guys have had to say about this matter since
Friday is hilarious, much of it pungent, some of it poingnant,
and even some of it accurate.  But mostly pretty ignorant and
beneath your usual standard. One of you had the good sense to
post the column i repost below, because that fellow seems to
have gotten a pretty good handle on this squalid mess.

But punks . . . well, punks . . . a few years ago when I first
subscribed to this list, to lurk and learn, as I still mostly
do, there were some hardasses you could depend on to come out
of the woodwork when things got way out of space, and they'd
say: Punks write code.

And they were write.
MacN