RE: Democracy... (fwd)

> Try pantheism. If one fundamentaly believes that god does not
> exist, which clearly involves faith, then yes it is a religion.

Then I guess you could say that pantheism is an atheist religion, as
opposed to a theist religion.

My nice definition of atheism is reason over faith, science over
mysticism, basically an anti-religion. While that may be etymologically
unjustified, it does accurately reflect the views of the majority of
people I know who call themselves atheist, myself included.

Notice my brackets:

a- (without) + [theos (god) + ismos (practice or doctrine)]

not

[a- (without) + theos (god)] + ismos (practice or doctrine)

> By your view an agnostic can't be religion

No, and it's not, it's like standing in the doorway of a religion, not
sure whether to enter or leave, perhaps practicing but not believing.
Such indecisiveness annoys me, but it accounts for the majority of the
population.

	Matt