Re: Mark Twain/Mercantile dumps Digicash

At 09:04 PM 9/17/98 -0700, Greg Broiles wrote:

>According to
><http://www.thestandard.com/articles/display/0,1449,1721,00.html?home.mf>,
>Mark Twain Bank/Mercantile Bank will no longer support DigiCash. They are
>no longer listed as an issuer of ecash on Digicash' website. Neither
>organization seems to have information available via the web about the
>decision to terminate the service.
>
>--
>Greg Broiles
>[email protected]

I thought this was already known or I would have said:

"Mark Twain Bank (MTB), a small bank headquartered in the Midwest, took a
bold step
three years ago when it became the first bank in the world to offer
privacy-protecting eCash
accounts.  In April, 1997, however, MTB was bought out by Mercantile Bank,
and the larger,
stodgier bank recently decided to drop the eCash program."

They probably weren't making any money.  I wonder if Mercantile will drop
MTB's foreign currency accounts as well?

DCF