Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

At 2:14 PM -0500 9/21/98, Michael Motyka wrote:
>Petro wrote:
>>
>> At 11:50 AM -0500 9/21/98, Michael Motyka wrote:
>> >Starr's base approach to justice is the opening shot of what I hope
>> >turns into an all-out scorched-earth battle. Let 'em all fall down. I'm
>> >just afraid that when it's over the only people who will be willing to
>> >run for public office will be truly dangerous people who have no respect
>> >for liberty not of their own definition.
>>
>>         Which is different from today how?
>>
>In spite of their <numerous?> shortcomings, many of today's politicians
>in both parties seem to be fairly pragmatic, 'middle of the road' types.
>If the only people who can pass muster under the emerging standards are
>religous fundamentalists then we will have a Bill of Rights under attack
>problem that is another order of magnitude greater than we have right
>now. Scares me because while I'm pretty much a live and let live sort,
>some of the fundamentalists I've known are not very tolerant.

	The "live and let" attitude of todays politician is there simply
because that is where they get the most votes. If they thought that they
would get better results, they's thump the bible just as hard as say...

	Jimmy Swagart.

--
[email protected] work related issues. I don't speak for Playboy.
[email protected] everthing else.      They wouldn't like that.