Re: ArcotSign (was Re: Does security depend on hardware?)

At 11:52 PM 9/21/98 -0600, Colin Plumb wrote:
>Doug, I'd just like to thank you for replying.  Even without looking at your
>description, the fact that you are willing to talk to doubters and admit
>the limitations of your technique make me a lot more comfortable believing
>that you have something.  You don't fit into either of the two standard
>types of snake-oil salesmen: The "I can't tell you because it's secret"
>sort, and the "it's totally unbreakable, cures world hunger and
>disposes of nuclear waste" sort.
>
>Not that people still don't wonder, but I thought I'd temper the technical
>grilling I see heating up with some appreciation for the fact that you've
>already managed a better impression than 95% of the crypto wannabes
>out there.

Hey, I don't ally myself with the clueless.

Bruce
Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
           Free crypto newsletter.  See:  http://www.counterpane.com