Re: Stego-empty hard drives... (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:01:31 +1000
> From: Reeza! <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Stego-empty hard drives... (fwd)

> At 07:45 AM 9/22/98 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:

Which first assertion, his or mine? Youre quoting leaves me confused (not
that it is necessarily your fault...;).

> I played with Magic Folders
> for a while- it relies on a command, usu. in the autoexec.bat or win.ini
> file (dos/windows environment) to load, with a bootable floppy disk these
> commands would would be bypassed and the so-called "hidden" folder is in
> plain sight.

One thing is clear, you can't mundge the base OS or else the catch is going
to be trivial.

                            The seeker is a finder.

                                     Ancient Persian Proverb

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]