Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

At 06:28 PM 9/21/98 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:

>"But ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as our President has claimed and
>clearly demonstrated by his remaining in office, for a person to be
>convicted on a felony it has to be an important felony. The prosecution
has not
>proven that this felony has sufficient weight for prosecution. You have no
>choice but to aquit my client."

Or:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, we just conducted a
favorable/non-favorable public opinion survey about the ADA over there and
found out that 3% had a favorable opinion of him 3% unfavorable and 94%
were DK or No Opinion.  I therefore plead that he has insufficient personal
popularity to conduct this prosecution.

DCF