Jury duty considered harmful, or at least rare

At 11:11 PM -0700 9/22/98, Bill Stewart wrote:

>Yeah.  The times I've known the facts in cop-vs-citizen cases,
>the cops have often been lying; I have to assume that they're often lying
>in cases when I don't know the facts as well.  Of course, getting
>somebody with that kind of attitude about cops onto a jury
>is somewhat unlikely, but occasionally you'll find neutrals.

I last served on a jury in 1973, 25 years ago, no doubt before many readers
of Cypherpunks were born.

And I've only received a single _possible_ summons since, in the 25 years
since that  one jury appearance.

Yet some of the apolitical numbskulls I know about have served on several
juries in the same time. The Poisson, as expected, or something more human?

Jury nullifying minds want to know.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)