Re: arms collectors...

<[email protected]> -----

>> Washington Times, 25 Sep 98
>> Operable missile seized in customs
>> By Bill Gertz THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>>
>> U.S.  and British authorities are investigating how a Russian-
design
>> Scud missile was imported illegally by a weapons collector in
>> California, The Washington Times has learned.
>>
>> "This is a full-blown missile," said John Hensley, a senior agent
of the
>> U.S.  Customs Service in Los Angeles.  "The only thing missing is
the
>> warhead."
>>
>> A Scud B missile and its mobile transporter-erector launcher --
minus the
>> warhead -- were seized Sept.  2 by customs agents in Port Hueneme,
>> Calif., about 35 miles north of Los Angeles, said officials
familiar
>> with the case.
>>

>Scuze me for picking nits, but if the missile doesn't have a
>warhead then its just a rocket (plus some guidance systems).
>
>When does a rocket become a "weapon of mass destruction"?
>
>Maybe what American officials should be investigating is how US
defense
>contractors got an export license to sell ICBM components to the
ChiCom's.
>I heard it was OK'd by the pres himself -- theorectically for big
>campaign donations.
>
>If those missiles are targeted at US, then that would constitute
>blatant treason, would it not?
>
>Inquiring minds want to know.
>
>jim

I wouldn't be afraid to bet that some Republicans were in on this and
worse. I am not a fan of either Dems or Reps but I wonder if the
reason the sex angle is being persued first is to get Clinton and the
Dems out without any mud splashback.

I have heard that Starr is far from finished so time will tell.

In the end though I doubt if much will change for the beltway
bandits.

Edwin

When freedom is outlawed.......Only outlaws will be free!

If cryptography is outlawed, pomz pvumbxt xjmm ibwf dszquphsbqiz.

Fun! Fast! Revealing! Try "The World's Smallest Political Quiz" at:
   http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

IS AIDS A GOVERNMENT/DRUG COMPANY HOAX?
   http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/index.htm

When you blame others, you give up your power to change.
Dr. Robert Anthony

Libertarian Party of Hillsborough County, FL
   http://home.tampabay.rr.com/lphc

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is not far
away. It is time to go elsewhere. The best thing about space travel is that
it made it possible to go elsewhere.

Lazarus Long