Re: Cypherpunks defeat?

    --

http://www.hrl.il.ibm.com/mpay

> Since you got me interested, I went and looked at the
> "MilliCent" branded product from Digital/Compaq.
>
>	http://www.millicent.digital.com/
>
> Millicent is currently free in that scrip is not cash.  I
> have to laugh in that MilliCent has a granularity of 1/10
> of a penny.  So why call it millicent?
>
> It looks like millicent could be used to pay for web based
> sending of anonymous messages, but only if you have an NT
> server (or use theirs) and only if you browse from windows.
>
> Maybe if I find a millicent type system that works with a
> Linux server, especially a "non money" one, I might setup a
> web based mailer that works with it.  It would make a nice
> weekend project.  I'm been thinking of revamping the
> dragoncon.net mailer anyway.

What we really need is an open standard with very fine
potential granularity and the intermediary capabilities of
Microsoft.

Such a project is quite large.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     zRXCi1S3PQe8A82QKJfHfUZKc6zitJTY6L/I82Tu
     4VsX/hdqg717QA4khZefRZ8nu2RJD3DzKv9ZNLjdK
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/����� James A. Donald