Re: setting up a remailer service

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Laurent Demailly wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
>  > I'd like to set up a free remailer service for the internet community.
>  > I have a static IP,
>  > good disk space
>    ***************
>  > and my machine is located in Norway.
> [...]
>
> Not to be over suspicious but why would you need
> a lot of disk space for a remailer ? do you plan
> on logging and recording all the messages ;-) ?

He mentioned in the original message that he wanted to run a service like
anon.penet.fi ..

penet set up an anonymous box, that is .. you can remail a letter through
penet and it would assign a unique anonymous addy for you, and then
replies and email to that anonymous addy would get forwarded to you.

This would require disk space.

Michael J. Graffam ([email protected])
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the
guidance of another. . .Sapere aude! Have the courage to use your own
understanding!" - Immanuel Kant "What is Enlightenment?"