Re: Another question about free-markets... (fwd)

At 07:12 AM 10/5/98 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> Ok, who writes the laws?

No one.

> Who enforces the laws? Who decides what is natural?

In the minarchist proposal, as explained by Bastiat, already
quoted on this thread, http://www.jim.com/jamesd/bastiat.htm
"the collective force", aka the minimal state.

In the anarchist proposal, explained by Spooner in "Natural
Law" http://www.jim.com/jamesd/spooner.htm, and myself in
"Anarcho Capitalism, a short summary"
http://www.jim.com/jamesd/anarcho-.htm, anyone and everyone
decides.  Attempts to enforce unnatural law are more likely
to get one killed.

Friedman in "A positive account of property rights"
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Academic/Property/Property.html
explains why enforcing the law "Whats yours is yours, and
what is mine is mine" is less likely to get you killed than
attempting to enforce the law "Whats mine is mine, whats
yours is up for grabs"

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     y5lZXNb9KdI6G/J/Mw0QVE3D0Xa+BCJ1nJ9JZrgy
     4b6jnnkVkioQJ7SSLk7VTW3r694QFvcvfRB6H3dGp
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/����� James A. Donald