Sad news ... (... or not ;-))

--- begin forwarded text

From: Somebody
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:02:28 +0100
To: Robert Hettinga <[email protected]>
Subject: Sad news ...

Hi Bob,

I figured you might be interested in today's news: DigiCash Amsterdam has
officially gone bankrupt.

Even though anyone can access the news (although probably not yet in
electronic
form), I'd appreciate if you don't mention me as being the one who told you
this.
I take it that the details will be brought to light in the coming few weeks.

Anyway, I believe this is very bad news for all those who believe in "bearer
certificates" or whatever one might like to call them.

<Somebody's .sig>
--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: [email protected]>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA