RE: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction (fwd)

> > > The Mafia. The handful of world-class coke dealers. Your local church.
> >
> > Umm...  both of those are around because the governemtn made the cost of
> > delivering both alcohol and drugs prohibitively high,
>
> That's inaccurate. The Mafia pre-dated the US by several hundred years if
> not more (depends on how one wants to choose the bloodline). Most
> definitely they predated the bans on alcohol.

Oh, that's right.  I was thiking Mob.  I don't know enough Mafia history
to make an agument either way there, honestly.

> As to the coke market, In S. America it has been around for quite a while as
> well. The chemical has been used medicinaly for hundreds of years until just
> recently.

Those were monopolistic markets?  If not, you're forgetting the whole
basis of the discussion.

Ryan Anderson
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9