[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NT 5.0 and EFS -- A victory for widespread use of crypto?
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: NT 5.0 and EFS -- A victory for widespread use of crypto?
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:10:14 +0200
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
[email protected] writes:
> EFS is being deployed because They realized that with NTFS-readers
> available for other OSes besides NT there was no longer even the illusion
> of security offered by the NT architecture.
This is all true. However, the manner in which you state it sounds
very much like a deliberate attempt to trash Microsoft and NT.
The fact is that the identical arguments could be made toward any of
the standard Unix-like and all other popular operating systems. Linux,
*BSD, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, et al.--even where the vendors have a
`trusted' version--are all susceptible to the same attacks. Hence, by
your reasoning, one would have to say that the architectures of every
one of these operating systems do not offer `even the illusion of