Re: Soccer Moms?

Ken Brown wonders about this phrase:
>> After all, the kind of soccer moms who elected Bill Clinton

>"Divided by a common language" as I am  I genuinly don't know what that
>means. And I can't even guess from context.

"Soccer moms" are the suburban mothers who efficiently perform any
number of child-rearing tasks, including taking their kids in a
sports utility vehicle (an awful invention) to soccer practice.
Soccer is increasingly popular and available to girls as well as
boys.  Women in general favored Clinton, and soccer moms in
particular are the women most likely to vote... since they're doing
everything else, working in a trip to the polls is nothing to them.

Probably sounds as arcane as "Sloane Rangers" does over here, eh?

--
	Jim Gillogly
	Sterday, 22 Winterfilth S.R. 1998, 15:20