[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
hey DIRNSA: can't talk to allies
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: hey DIRNSA: can't talk to allies
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:54:16 +0200
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
TITLE: COMSEC - Secure Voice Telephones
LESSON LEARNED: NATO elements must learn to use the standard secure
BACKGROUND: For future NATO-led operations, it must be stressed that the
NATO secure telephone standard is the STU IIB.
Augmenting forces must bring compatible equipment if it stays under
national control. Must come to grips with the US and NATO
secure telephones within the command.
There are problems associated with US and NATO secure telephones: The STU
III/STU IIIA has not been released to NATO, so they
should be eliminated from the NATO comm system. The NATO standard is the
STU IIIB, only the STU IIB is compatible with the
STU IIIA. Cannot adhere to US security regulations for protecting US secure
voice systems in an allied environment.
RECOMMENDATION: Consider a letter to DIRNSA requesting relaxation of
current US policy.