[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Commerce Undersecretary William Reinsch defends the government's encryption policy
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Commerce Undersecretary William Reinsch defends the government's encryption policy
- From: HyperReal-Anon <[email protected]>
- Date: 15 Oct 1998 17:50:05 -0000
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
[email protected] wrote:
> Q & A WITH WILLIAM REINSCH
> Reinsch: What the government has also said is that if it's a
> key-recovery product, it can be exported with any bit length
> without constraint. And that's what we would prefer to focus
> on -- to tell people, if you're product has recovery features,
> bit length doesn't matter.
Ah, something we can finally agree upon:
"if your product has recovery features, bit length doesn't matter"