Re: PGP utils?

> Is there a utility for Unix (or source available?) that reads a PGP
> encrypted message and displays some information on it, like what
> key ID the message was encrypted with, and what ciphers were used?

Yes, the one I use is PGPacket by Mark Shoulson <[email protected]>.

It used to be available at:

	ftp://ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/crypto/pgp/utils/

It's written in perl (look for pgpacket.pl)

If the version there isn't greater than 3.0 email Mark and ask for the
latest version.  Version 3 and above can read all the pgp5 packets
also.  Really useful tool for PGP key tinkering.

Adam