RE: UK police chase crooks on CCTV (fwd)

In <[email protected]>, on 10/21/98
   at 09:51 AM, Michael Motyka <[email protected]> said:

>The toys are just getting too easy to deploy. Imaging, compression,
>networking, mass storage etc...Fucking engineers, oops!

>A few fronts:

>Political - this is the preferable way of dealing with this crap but also
>the most disturbing because many of those in power seem to think snooping
>is a wonderful idea. Tough to convince them that a little uncertainty is
>a *good* thing.

>Technical:

>Briefcase-sized EMP - fun idea but I don't know how to make it workable.

>HV generator on the end of a stick - not too tough.

>High power LASER to burn out CCDs - buy anonymously, nice, works from a
>safe distance.

>What's needed are moles to leak detailed info on systems as they're
>planned and installed. Then it would be easy to determine the weak
>points. If each camera had to be guarded there would be a *huge* problem
>just keeping the systems alive.

Well probably the most effective way is to just take out the command and
control center. Even this would only be temporary as the government would
just keep spending more tax money to replace everything and add more
security.

What we need is a mechanism to punish the politicians who go down the Big
Brother path *and* the companies who are making big profits helping them.

IMHO the UK, and the rest of Europe, is a lost cause, it's sheeple are too
brainwashed (FWIW the US is not far behind). The wall in Berlin did not
come down because Communism is dead, it came down because the Communist
were in control on both sides. :(

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html

Tag-O-Matic: Friends don't let friends use Windows.