Re: Censored news topic censored ...

Ray & Mark,

Well, I found the show, so Mr. Suarez get the
bonus credit for having actually talked about
this topic on air.  Ray did talk about the
item because a caller brought it up.  He did
allude to the fact that these items might not
be given much attention.

However, my point was that
this was passed deliberately passed at a point
when the FBI knew too much other noise would
drown this item out of most mainstream media
outlets.  This subtle calculation of the media
response is the topic I am concerned about.

Any PARTICULAR media outlet, such as TOTN, may
not necessarily be guilty of censorship in the
deliberate sense, but lots of stories drop on
the proverbial cutting room floor, and the Wag
The Dog effect where the embarassing stuff was
manipulated into page 23 of NY Times while
bogus news items were fed for front page is
the effect I wanted to discuss with Ray.

Again, Ray, I am not saying YOU deliberately
censored anything, nor am I saying ANY news
outlet deliberately censored this story.  I am
accusing the FBI of counting on a particular
behavior on the part of Congress, news outlets,
and the American people at a time when lots of
budget items are flying by to slip their agenda
in, and this is particularly bad behavior for a
agency charged with protecting the constitutional
rights of law abiding citizens.

Ern