Re: TEMPEST laptops

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Bill Stewart wrote:
[...]
> Just using a regular laptop isn't enough; I've seen laptops
> transmit recognizable images to a television (though I was probably
> using AC power rather than batteries, and may or may not have had
> the display mode set to LCD-and-monitor.)

Thanks for touching on the popuar myth that laptops radiate less than
CRT's. Many laptops in fact radiate more compromising emissions than
CRT's. Ross Anderson does his van Eck demos to undergrads using a laptop,
because it works so much better than CRT's.

-- Lucky Green <[email protected]> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.