RE: Quick, Dear -- Beat Me

At 12:00 AM -0800 11/7/98, Albert P. Franco, II wrote:
So much for the SSN "never" becoming a national ID number!

Since your SS account and pension can be negatively impacted, this tends to reinforce the idea that your SSN should be a secret. But how can we keep it a secret if they keep putting it on public documents such as drivers licenses? Seems to me that when they are all done making the SSN the official National ID number they will need to give us a NEW SSN that is secret, kind of like a PIN to unlock and validate our National ID and SS accounts.

...and latter a PIN to protect the PIN...

Many business entities are now using part or all of the SSN as a _password_ for my account, or as a phone identifying validation number.

"And could we have the last four digits of your Social Security Number please?"

I've tried pointing out to the drones that SSNs are becoming ubiquitous, the anyone accessing my account besides me would probably have access to my SSN, and so on. A waste of time, as the drones neither known nor care.

--Tim May

Y2K: A good chance to reformat America's hard drive and empty the trash.
Timothy C. May | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
ComSec 3DES: 831-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Licensed Ontologist | black markets, collapse of governments.