Re: Could E.M. Cordian be Matt Blaze in Disguise? (Nah!)

At 1:27 PM -0500 on 11/15/98, Rabid Wombat wrote:

> No, but could Bob Hettinga be Vin McLellan's sock puppet?

Um, it's *meat* puppet, Rab, meat puppet...

Or, better, "Bwahahahahahahah!"

Seriously. Like most normal people, I hate saying facially outrageous
things in well-known watering holes and being wrong, but it's particularly
annoying when you're consistantly ambushed by self-appointed, um, holes of
another kind. Vin did this kind of vigorous error correction on me twice
now, on my own turf, in the past three weeks. Not only were both flames
about two standard deviations outside the bounds of altruistic desires to
correct the record, which even *I* can excuse once in a while ;-), this
kind of silly dreck is getting to be a positive habit with Mr. McLellan. I
mean, Socrates was right, and all that, but he was also a pain in the ass.

I fixed my problem with Mr. McLellan this morning, though. Mr. McLellan can
crusade against threats to his world view on someone else's list, I figure.

So, yup, mea fucking culpa. As Frank Lloyd Wright was fond of saying when
he'd been caught in a stretcher, or at least vigorously propounding an
error, "Well. There you are!"

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga
Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: [email protected]>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA