Re: SIGH... NOT!! THC tainted oranges

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:17:32AM -0600, Brown, R Ken wrote:
> Closest ciommon relative of hemp is of course hop  (*Humulus lupulus*
> IIRC) which is, as you all know, widely used to flavour beer. I believe
> it already has  some THC content, or something very similar.

lupulin ... I had a friend who claimed to get stoned off smoking hops
and hop extract.

There were inaccurate claims dating back to at least the 60s that hops
could be crossed with hemp to produce a psychoactive plant similar to
the recent Orange hoax.

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [email protected] http://www.pineal.com/

    the chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world
in which it is overestimated.  -- h. l. mencken