Re: Attempt by UK govt to plug tax hole...

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:13:46 EST, [email protected] wrote:

>NOTE the word "harmful" below, used three times, mainly meaning
>"harmful competition by offering lower tax rates".

etc.

OK guys, it seems the topic interests you...  :-)

I just thought of dropping it and see what happen... :-)

Please *don't* forget to Cc me if you post only to Cypherpunks since I'm not
on it anymore.  I'm on e$pam though ([email protected])

Ciao

jfa

 " There can be no compromise on basic principles. There can be no compromise on moral issues. There can be no compromise on matters of knowledge, of truth, of rational conviction." -Ayn Rand

"The government has no source of revenue, except the taxes paid by the producers.  To free itself -for a while- from the limits set by reality, the government initiates a credit con game on a scale which the private manipulator could not dream of.  It borrows money from you today, which is to be repaid with money it will borrow from you day after tomorrow, and so on.  This is known as "deficit financing."  It is made possible by the fact that the government cuts the connection between goods and money.  It issues paper money, which is used as a claim check on actually existing goods-but that money is not backed by any goods, it is not backed by gold, it is backed by nothing.  It is a promissory note issued to you in exchange for your goods, to be paid by you (in the form of taxes) out of your future production."
-Ayn Rand