Forwarded mail...

Forwarded message:

> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:15:07 -0800 (PST)
> To: [email protected]
> From: holist <[email protected]>

You should consider subscribing through one of the normal CDR nodes, the
toad.com site is unreliable.

> come to expect to find people who may not be "mannered intellectuals", but
> who are certainly not erstwhile defenders of intellectual property,
> particularly asthe concept is applied to software today.

Now just exactly what makes you believe that I want other people deciding
what happens to the results of my labor?

I support Open Source software, however not to the extent I want somebody
else to decide without my input whether any given piece happens to Open
Source.

> requests for warez on these lists, but moral outrage at the thought of
> software piracy was not one I expected to read here.

Then perhaps you need to work on  your morality.

> Especially as I hear nobody complaining about the advertisement for
> pornography

So what? How exactly does pornography map to stolen software?

> Unlike most of you lucky people in the States, I pay through the nose for
> on-line time.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

> Perhaps priorities could do with rethinking.

I agree, you need to do some rethinking.

            Lawyers ask the wrong questions when they don't want
            the right answers.

                                        Scully (X-Files)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]