RE: Goldbach's Conjecture (fwd)

First, let me add yet another reference. This one is from _Number Theory in
Science and Communication_ by M.R. Schroder, pg. 96:

"One of the most enduring (if not endearing) conjectures is the famous
Goldbach conjecture, asserting that every even number >4 is the sum of two
primes."

I would argue they're all essentially equivalent.  Here's how they all
agree:

Goldbach's conjecture is that every even number is expressible as the sum of
TWO primes.

The variations are: (1)Goldbach's "original" conjecture versus his revised
conjecture after communication with Euler and (2) excluding four while
adding an odd-primes-only condition (four IS the sum of two EVEN primes,
namely 2 and 2). I think these variations are simply different depths/points
of view of the same idea and one who focuses on semantic differences is
missing the point.

Cutting to the chase, Goldbach's conjecture concerns the sum of EXACTLY TWO
primes stands, and your statement "If we allow repetition *and* the number 2
as a prime then all even numbers can be written as a string of 2's summed
appropriately" is thereby contradicted.

Let me conclude with this inspirational quote from a man whose name escapes
me: "Young men should write proofs, old men should write books." ; )

Blake Buzzini, PSU