Re: What was the quid pro quo for Wassenaar countries?

John Gilmore wrote:

> PS:  I particularly like Ambassador Aaron's characterization that
> this new development will help US industry, by censoring foreign crypto
> publishers in the same way the US government censors US publishers.
> A giant step forward for freedom and commerce everywhere, eh Mr. Aaron?
> What an incredibly talented liar, I mean diplomat, he is.

I agree.  This is something that I found particularly offensive.  "Really,
we're doing it for your own good!"  Feh.

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | [email protected]